Raids are a spam attack organized on an imageboard and carried out by a group of people (or an autist with proxies/alt accounts). During a raid, a website or board is flooded with undesirable content. More broadly, a raid refers to an organized attempt to prank/harm other groups/people online through mass action. Raids are a common activity on The Party, which has a /raid/ board for organizing them, though many if not most raids are first posted about on /soy/.
On 4chan[edit | edit source]
4chan, particularly the /b/ board, became infamous for constantly raiding other sites as well as doing some IRL raids. /b/ would sometimes recruit users from other sites such as 7chan, Encyclopedia Dramatica, Something Awful and YTMND in order to amass even greater raiding power. A famous example of such a raid was the December 20th, 2006 raid on conservative talk show host Hal Turner's "final" radio show, for which 4chan recruited SA, 7chan and YTMND and over 150 prank calls were submitted.
/b/'s raids landed 4chan and its owner Moot into big trouble with glowniggers, so on August 23rd, 2006, Moot made a sticky announcing that anyone posting "illegal" threads (raids and doxxing) would receive a permanent ban and possibly get handed over to the authorities, and anyone replying to them would get a two-week global ban as part of the temporary extended length global rules to fight spam and build back better. The backlash to this was enormous and caused a mass migration of users to 7chan which had a dedicated /i/- invasions board which 4chan did not (7chan's /i/ board had to be shut down on January 24th, 2007 due to it violating the host's terms of soyrvice). This event is known as /b/ day. Despite raids getting officially banned, /b/ continued conducting them in spite of the rules all the time, notable examples being the aforementioned Hal Turner raids, the Project Chanology raids and some of the Zelda Universe raids. /b/ has since stopped being a raiding force because it's now a wasteland of gay cuck porn and many of it's users have long since left to greener pastures.
In current times, the mods on 4chan will sometimes turn a blind eye to certain raids or people inciting them, which makes their true stance on raiding a bit difficult to gauge Here are some example of recent raids that weren't cracked down on: (Legal disclaimer: if you want to participate in or incite 4chud raids keep in mind that it's possible the mods just didn't notice these)–
- June 26th to September 22nd 2020 - KnowYourMeme shitposter Southern Yeehaw starts flooding KYM with soyjak images, causing massive amounts of butthurt. He is soon banned, but a cabal of soyposters on /qa/ pick up on his efforts and start flooding KYM with soyjaks themselves. KYM is completely inundated with soyjaks for months; as a result, the recent images gallery turns into a giant wall of soyjaks, the soyboy article stays on 'trending' for months, and of course the forums and comments fill with the seethe of dozens of KYM autists. Though the butthurt from the userbase is unanimous, The Great Soy Flood divides KYM mods: some view it as a great addition of OC and meme documentation and even join in soyposting themselves, while others view it as low-quality spam. Several KYM users rage quit and delete their accounts. Spammers during this time include peanusweanus, grasshopper, and albinorhino. Albinorhino is the most notorious; he manages to upload hundreds of soyjak images without getting banned by uploading only a few a day and keeping them SFW. Also notable is a KYM oldfag, elleichops, who sacrifices his decade-old account to share some nice soyjaks. On September 22, the KYM mods finally agree to crack down on soyjak spam and albinorhino is banned, bringing an end to the spam.
- January 28th 2021 - /v/ raided a Q&A stream with the developer of a Fallout: New Vegas mod in which they spammed troll questions, such as inquiring about the Sneed questline and the USS Liberty, before DDOSing the whole thing. This clip summarizes events well, and you WILL watch it if you haven't.
- 2021 - /pol/ raided tranny subreddits by making accounts called "I_Follow_Men" or "Dilate" and followed trannies en masse, at least one subreddit was locked as a result. In October /pol/ also had several threads from which they raided the southwest airlines forum, which were taken down for maintenance.
- /a/'s Dragon Ball Super threads occasionally discuss raids on other sites.
On the Party[edit | edit source]
Raids are a common activity on the Party and are fully allowed and even encouraged by Soot. Raids almost always involve flooding websites (usually other imageboards) with soyjaks, or stealing GETs. Below is a list of failed and successful raids the party has conducted.
Full Wipes[edit | edit source]
Full Wipes are the most successful type of raid, and are named as such because they are achieved once you fully or almost fully bump every non-soyjak thread off the catalog. Occasionally, traitorous soyjakkers will attempt to invalidate a Full Wipe by bumping an old thread, but those bumps don't count.
Successful Raids[edit | edit source]
- December 2020 - The party raided ZoomerChan. The site went down shortly after the raid.
- March 3rd 2021 - The party raided desuchan and wiped the whole site, the site admin managed to restore a backup but after few months the site went down.
- March 10th 2021 - Operation Wikisneedia, originally intended to "raid Wikimedia Commons with Creative Commons licensed soyjaks" but also grew to include adding references to Sneed's Feed and Seed in articles.
- Early October 2021 - The party raided 1chan, an old imageboard about trains or something. A ton of ancient threads were wiped.
- November 3rd 2021 - The infamous raid on 4chan's /lgbt/ board, during which about 4 pages of the catty were wiped by trannyjak threads. The raid actually began on /qa/ when a frogposter made a thread about his troonjak threads on /lgbt/, causing others to post spam threads as well. A couple hours later, it had snowballed into a big raid and was subsequently posted about on the Party. Following this, /qa/ was frozen by the mods.
- November 5th 2021 - The party raided 4chan's /f/ board, the board is used mainly by 2 people and jannies never look at it so it was an instant success.
- November 21st 2021 - The party stole [s4s]'s 10M GET, the biggest GET the board has ever had up to that point. This made Swaglord go on one of the biggest janny seetheouts ever documented.
- The Party has successfully raided multiple jackbox Twitch streams.
- The party has succesfully raided multiple zoom calls. Clips from these are believed to be lost media.
- January 23rd 2022 - The Party raided r/inceltear. This resulted in a redditor trying to DDoS incels.is as well as The Party, however, images previously posted on his reddit account revealed his Instagram name which caused him to be doxxed and some Party teen forced him to write an apology letter.
- February 4th 2022 - A raid on 4chan's /his/ - "History and Humanities" board. Arguably the party's biggest WINraid so far, 8 and a half pages were wiped from the catalog and the mods had to restore threads from the archives to repopulate the board.
- Feburary 7th 2022 - The /void/ board on voidchan.net was raided and flooded with soyjaks, causing 7 pages worth of threads to be permanently lost. One Cuban teenchud had posted Yotsuba lolicon from his school wifi, prompting a report from the voidchan admin to his school.
- June 20th 2022 - All boards on bstall.org get raided (except /flash/), with /hangout/ getting hit the hardest. This was easy to do because of the extremely slow traffic, as well as the small number of boards. The creator of bStall then proceeded to seethe about it on /raid/.
- August 14th 2022 - Soyteens wipe all but one thread of the /drug/ board on lainchan and steal the get the one stoner online at the time had a meltdown about it The archived threads were later manually reverted but the post count remained unchanged.
- August 18th 2022 - The sharty raided /his/ for a second time and wiped half the pages.
- August 30th 2022 - the party sucefully raids 3 imageboards (lainchan, an obscure german imageboard and 1 chan) in the same day, a record for the community. In lainchan the party steals a get and wipe several pages of one of the boards, in the german board the party does a total wipe due to the lack of jannies (the users of the imageboard unsucefully try to bump old threads) and in 1chan the 'party does a full catalog wipe for a third time.
- September 3rd, 2022 - Soyteens get the oldest live thread on 4chan, a /po/ thread about a paper pendulum clock, archived by pushing it to the bump limit and posting new on topic posts. Hours later, however, mods do everything in their power to restore the thread by restoring it out of order from the archive.
- September 23rd, 2022 - Both /lgbt/ and /s4s/ were successfully raided, 3 pages were wiped on /s4s/.
- September 24th, 2022 - /f/ is solo raided with Soyjak and Heyuri videos, killing all but one thread. The last NAS thread, however, gets killed with a Yotsuba flash named "loading 4chan." Unlike most raids, 4chan mods never deleted any of the soyjak flashes.
- October 1st, 2022 - After a failed GET on 4chan's /sci/, soyteens raided a furry bbw chan and stole their 22222 GET then wiped all of the pages.
- October 8th, 2022 - Soyteens raided eight whole chans on this day, setting a record on the amount of raids in a single day.
- 28chan: 28chan was raided, with their Portuguese board /p/ being fully wiped with only the sticky left. /b/ was also raided, with half the pages being wiped.
- Ponyville: A mlp chan called "ponyville" had half the pages wiped but was cut short when a janny woke up.
- Endchan: Endchan's /pol/ was going to be raided, but they had an hourly thread limit so soyteens settled on stealing their 88888 GET.
- late.city: When soyteens came flocking in, the shitty servers couldn't handle it and the website crashed. Still considered a win.
- perfectchan: Half of perfectchan's pages were wiped until the janny came in.
- wrongthink.net: Soyteens started raiding normally at first, until it was found out that there was no post cooldown and no thread limit so you could spam the same thread over and over again. The website started off at about 20 pages and soyteens left it with 125, bringing the website to a staggering halt.
- 94chan: It all started when a soyteen posted a soyquote of some oldfag seething about soyjaks. Of course, soyteens would not let someone get away with such words so a new raid target was set. This led to all 20 pages being flooded with soyjaks (and even more, to make sure they couldn't retrieve threads from an archive). After about an hour of constant 'jak spam, a janny finally woke up and EVERY single page was wiped, leaving not a single thread behind. This is regarded as one of the best days in raiding history with hopefully many more gems to come.
- kasumi.moe: After the previous gem, soyteens were still hungry for more. A shitty oldfag coomer site that had threads dating back to 2014 and no active moderation (a bot thread linking to 'p was up for an entire month) was found. At first it started off slow, with the pages only increasing, but soon enough, soyteens found the limit. Every single thread was wiped which led to three of its users seething about "muh oldfag culture and history" and how evil 'jakkers are, despite the fact that the threads served no real value apart from being old. When soyteens realised there were no jannies that were going to come online any time soon, they decided to set up base and turn the site into a soyjak colony. Attempts were made to crack the admin password and fully take over the site but no progress was made, however, this was all cut short when a faggot posted 'p to the site. Soyteens tried to bump threads to get rid of the 'p, but to no avail since he was bumping the 'p threads, too. Activity started to fade out as soyteens were going to sleep, marking the end of our triumph. Two days later the 'min hopped on and wiped all 'jaks and 'p on /koe/, one thread survived the purged, a fucking bodypillow thread. Later that day the site went down, leaving the error message, "board.kasumi.moe didn’t send any data.". Thus making /koe/ the second chan to be taken down from a 'jak raid, the first being late.city.
- October 9th, 2022 - Indiachan's /b/ was raided and completely wiped. On the same day, the 55555555 GET on 4chan's /k/ was stolen. Due to the fact that the board is very pro-Ukrainian and that no jannies were online, it was raided with pro-Russian 'jaks, resulting in 6 pages being wiped. The raid wasn't even blamed on soyteens, but on Russian shills and /pol/ chuds.
- October 13th, 2022 - Some oldfag larper site called "comfychan" was raided and had all of /b/ and some of /f/ wiped. The following day, the admin woke up and seethed about it, calling our 'jaks "retarded wojack jpegs", saying that we're 12 year old autists, and that we glow. He then proceeded to restore a site backup from September. Due to the fact he had datamining software installed on the chan, he found that the site referrals led back to soyjak.party (we were saying that we were from r/markiplier during the raid). He found the thread, called us zionists, then said that he had our ips and was plotting revenge. Nothing will happen since he's too much of a faggot to do anything + most soyteens aren't retarded and used a vpn/proxy while raiding.
- October 15th, 2022 - crystal.cafe's /b/ and /feels/ boards were raided while the jannies were sleeping. Although the gems on /b/ were swiftly deleted, the ones on /feels/ stayed up for over 3 hours, making this a win.
- October 24, 2022 - ‘Teens chud up a school district’s feedback form en masse, causing the administration to disable the feature entirety later in the day. The gems made today were jannied sometime afterwards.
- October 24-25, 2022 - Krautchan.love, a relatively new IB, is gemmed up by soyteens. Surprisingly, the admin responds in kind by establishing a ‘jakker board, currently the best board on the site (confirmed by multiple peer-reviewed studies).
- November 13, 2022 - crystal.cafe's /b/ 177777 GET was stolen by soyteens.
- December 1, 2022 - Cyborgchan and 3chan were raided, with every board on cyborgchan being wiped. 3chan's /b/ and /cb/ (faggot board) were almost fully wiped, but a few threads that couldn't be bumped off remained. The Cyborgchan admin and his oldfag tranny friends later came back, seething and coping about their entire fucking altchan being wiped by soyjak spam. Erischan also got buck broken by 'teens, with their main board /eris/ fully wiped. This caused the admin to cry about it big-time shortly after he finally found the hot pockets and logged back on, claiming that "there's literally no way to recover from this."
- December 3, 2022 - TBPChan was raided, with multiple 7 year old posts from 2016 being wiped. Not every board was wiped, as most boards had almost no posts even after years. The site went down 2/3 days later and then came back up the next day, complete with a seething message from the owner. Despite claiming to have a backup, the owner refuses to use it.
- December 20, 2022 - In PixelPlanet, a pixel art of Yotsuba gets gemmed up, but jannies revert the changes. As retaliation, Operation Swine Dive begins, with the goal of erasing all of Ukraine from PixelPlanet. The operation is still ongoing and has caused much butthurt with the locals.
- December 27, 2022 - The party raided /hm/ on 4chan, and successfully wiped 7 pages worth of threads.
- January 8th, 2023 - The 40000 GET on wizchan's /jp/ and the 20000 GET on endchan's /rus/ are both stolen by 'teens.
- February 3rd, 2023- indiachan.io was raided again, and 3 boards, namely /a/, /man/ and /b/ were totally wiped out with gore. A lot of ancient threads on /sa/ and /yoga/ were wiped out.
- February 4th, 2023- indiachan.io was raided again. /b/,/a/,/man/,/stem/,/pol/,/rta/ were completely wiped out, despite the jannie knowing that his site was being raided every day. One of the most complete annihilations of an imageboard ever performed. 
- February 8th, 2023 - Soyteens deface a 4cuck oldfag mural in PixelPlanet with gems, lasting for 5 days straight. 
- February 17th, 2023- soyteens wipe out indiachan.io's /ent/, /b/ is spammed with porn all day.
- March 1th, 2023 - 'teens completely decimate the altchan 711chan (arguably the biggest raid in the 'sharty's history)
- March 3th, 2023 - 'teens wipe the splinter zellig.party causing it to close down
- March 4th, 2023 - In a widely celebrated raid, the party stole the 222222 get on crystal.cafe's /b/ board with this gem
- ↑ Hishlights from the raid, the reupload of the full thing got taken down.
- ↑ SWA raid thread
- ↑ The frogposter's /qa/ thread.
- ↑ Party thread about the November 3rd /lgbt/ raid.
- ↑ raid thread
- ↑ The 10M on s4s.
- ↑ example of a jackbox twitch raid thread
- ↑ Another example of a jackbox twitch raid thread.
- ↑ A third example of a jackbox twitch raid.
- ↑ The r/inceltear raid thread, was originally posted on /soy/ then moved to /raid/.
- ↑ /his/'s catalog during the raid.
- ↑ A celebration thread about the /his/ thread on /soy/.
- ↑ A /raid/ thread about the /his/ raid, though the raid was originally started on /soy/.
- ↑ https://archive.is/dCKOV
- ↑ https://archive.is/LXBAy
- ↑ https://voidchan.net/void/src/1644246346235.png
- ↑ https://archive.is/nzYUh
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20220814052841/https://lainchan.org/drug/catalog.html
- ↑ https://archive.ph/ooM4P
- ↑ https://archive.ph/sqXjY
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20220818040648/https://soyjak.party/soy//res/928110.html
- ↑ https://archive.ph/1aSog
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20220000000000*/https://soyjak.party/soy/res/1017424.html
- ↑ https://archived.moe/po/thread/539494/paper-pendulum-clock-kit
- ↑ https://archive.ph/8ii3t
- ↑ late.city came back doe
- ↑ https://archive.ph/8J0MB https://archive.is/T0gPg https://archive.is/2lyUO https://archive.is/zp7PV
- ↑ https://archive.ph/j0UWz https://archive.ph/C5ydp https://archive.ph/WT7qA https://archive.is/zEP6Y
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20230217155436/https://indiachan.io/ent/catalog.html
- ↑ https://archive.is/xQlKu
- ↑ https://archive.is/Yl5TO
Failed Raids[edit | edit source]
- November 26th 2021 - The Party tries to steal the 10M and 9999999 GETs on 4chan's /d/ but fails to score either.
- January 14th 2022 - The Party tries to steal the 24M GET on /lgbt/ but fails to do so.
- January 2022 - The Party raids a thread on 8kun's /qresearch/ board but a janny was in there so it mostly failed.
- November 10th 2021 - Operation Soyclipse, the biggest shame in Party history. This was the biggest raid the Party had ever planned, both in scope and preparation. The target was against several 4chan boards in retaliation for /qa/ getting frozen. It attracted a ton of attention and hype, but failed within seconds. Some chuds tried to rebound the next day by posting tranny soyjaks on /lgbt/, but it was already over. While Operation Soyclipse was a massive military defeat, many valuable lessons were learned that day, including–
- Don't plan raids days in advance on a public website that's notorious for raiding.
- Don't shill the party on the website that we're currently planning a raid on – many people were shilling during the preparations so by the time the raid went off everybody on 4chan knew and were talking about it.
- Don't spread our forces too thin - The raid was intended to hit 2-4 different board even though most raiders focused on /lgbt/. focus on one board instead.
- December 2nd 2021 - The party tried to steal the 44M GET on 4chan's /biz/ but fails.
- January 6th 2022 - The party tries to raid /lgbt/ but it was planned too early again and failed.
- January 12th 2022 - The party proposes a takeover of 4chan's /adv/ but everyone just gives up and talks about random stuff in the thread instead.
- February 4th 2022 - The party organizes for a raid on gurochan, a kuz website. The raid fails horribly with all the posts being deleted within seconds of being made, no threads wiped, and the spammers IP's publicly displayed on kuz's anti-spam database, including 2 users who did not use a proxy. However in his goodbye post Kuz offers to remove the IP of one chud who contacted him by email. It's generally very difficult to raid a kuz imageboard for multiple reasons, including the fact that agents of the NSS regularly patrol the 'party to attack anti-kuz posts, and also kuz pays multiple moderators/janitors to moderate his sites 24/7.
- February 6th 2022 - The party tries to raid /lit/ but after a promising start the raid ends prematurely when the jannie wakes up
- February 18 - The party calls for a raid on the /funkg/ thread on /vg/, however the raid was quickly picked up and a flood of avatarfags somehow more autistic then soyteens descend upon the thread and /raid/. The original thread was shortly deleted thereafter, and almost no 'jaks were posted in the general.
- October 8th, 2022 - ‘Teens raided tranchan, a site for mentally ill freaks. The page limit was quite large on there THOUGH, so by the time the trannyjanny woke up, no pages managed to get wiped.
- October 8th, 2022 - While soyteens were raiding wrongthink, one teen though it was a good idea to raid /quest/ on questden. While a good amount of 'cados and 'jaks were posted, zero pages were wiped and everyone got banned, mostly because everyone was too busy raiding wrongthink. Also, a raid on 1chan was attempted that day, but they implemented a post approval system, countering all future attempts at raiding.
- January 2nd, 2023 - Some soyteens attempt to raid Futaba Channel and 2chan in a large amount of decentralized threads. The raids fail due to most 'teens not having Japanese VPNs, however, a few posts did go through.
- March 3th, 2023 - A raid into Nick Fuente's private club penguin server was briefly tried but unfortunately didn't gain enough interest (due to ongoing troon doxxing OPs)
On Other Websites[edit | edit source]
Raids on other websites are not as common as many have barriers to entry, such as account requirements or minimum posts, however, the 'party still has raided other places.
- January 3, 2023 - Teens raided Habbo Hotel completely BTFO'ing nostalgia fags that cling on to the memories of when 4cuck used to do similar raids, 'sharty can't stop winning
- January 16, 2023 - Soyteens raid the Happy Tree Friends wiki on Fandom.com.
- March 1 , 2023 - the small ongezellig wiki in Fandom.com is completely destroyed
IRL/Misc[edit | edit source]
Raids that don't fit the above categories and IRL gems.
- January 13th, 2023 - 'teens do a full spectrum attack against a twitter troon that soiled the 'party
Raiding Resources (for altchans)[edit | edit source]
Want to find a new imageboard to raid? Want to steal a GET? This section will detail tools you can use for tracking down new sites to spam
Getwatcher.net[edit | edit source]
While not comprehensive, this site is great for knowing when a GET is coming up, so that you know when to try to nab it for yourself. It even estimates the amount of time remaining until the GET occurs, as well as how many posts are left
Allchans.org[edit | edit source]
Not comprehensive either but a good starting point for finding new chans to raid. Other resources include:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t10VI-sccy1CfAeMZHwmCS_7agIHFo_B5ipMjzsMtTg/edit (also known as Creamy’s Homemade List of Imageboards. Note that it’s quite outdated, thought it does come with annotations)
https://rentry.org/boardlinks (the most comprehensive list out there)
Proxies[edit | edit source]
Use a fucking proxy. If you don't have one, then don't raid. The owners of altchans are mentally ill, and will not hesitate to leak your IP.
Wiki Raiding Tips[edit | edit source]
Wiki raids haven’t really become a thing yet on the ‘arty, but we’ll give you some regardless:
“For anti-vandalism scripts on wikis it's usually as simple as blocking the script from loading with uBlock Origin.
When it comes to bots, you've got to be more clever. For example, used to replace the comics on explainXKCD with pictures of Osama bin Laden on a semi-frequent basis. Theusaf, one of explainXKCD's more dedicated jannies, wrote an anti-vandalism bot named after himself in a desperate attempt to stop this and other things I was doing.
The bot checked to see if the "image" field in the comic template had been altered since the article's creation, and if it has been, it reverted the edit. However it was easily circumvented by setting the "imagesize" field to 1px (shrinking the actual comic down to a single pixel) and embedding the replacement image in the "titletext" field, bypassing the anti-vandalism bot but achieving the same effect of replacing the comic.
Nearly all wikis use MediaWiki, which has a neat feature called InstantCommons. InstantCommons, if enabled, lets you embed Wikimedia Commons images in articles, and a large percentage of wikis out there did not disable it during setup. What this means is that for most wikis, adding the text [[File:Osama bin Laden portrait.jpg]] into an article will embed a photo of Bin Laden into it. I have seen wikijannies get completely confused about how all these weird and offensive images "got uploaded to their wiki" without ever figuring out what's actually going on.”
- A chad currently raiding the explainXKCD wiki
Types of Raids[edit | edit source]
this page is dedicated to generic website/board raids but there are other more specific types of raiding done by 'teens:
Snitches[edit | edit source]
Occasionally there are some "good samaritans" that attempt to snitch to the website that is being raided. As a deterrence to prevent others from snitching, some 'teens gone as far as doxxing those that snitch, and in some occasions pretending the raid is being coordinated on a completely different site such as claiming the raid is from r/markiplier and such.
Citations[edit | edit source]
- ↑ the /d/ raid thread.
- ↑ First soyclipse thread.
- ↑ Second soyclipse thread.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 https://soyjak.party/raid//res/21654.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20220206054043/soyjak.party/soy//res/322024.html#reply_322028
- ↑ https://arch.b4k.co/vg/thread/373117052/#q373127050
- ↑ https://sp.logwarehouse.net/read.cgi/soy/2064987
- ↑ https://sp.logwarehouse.net/read.cgi/soy/2033233
- ↑ https://sp.logwarehouse.net/read.cgi/soy/2033702
- ↑ https://sp.logwarehouse.net/read.cgi/soy/2036744