Welcome to the Soyjak Wikia
Make sure you follow the Rules before editing, or you will be permanently banned!!!!!!!!!
(if you prefer monobook or vector more, you can change that in your settings)
|A24 Slow-Burn Soyjak|
|Origin||/tv/, 4chan (March 23, 2018)|
|Booru Posts||900+ As of July 30th, 2022|
|Traced From||James' Youniverse|
The Slow-Burn Soyjak is a popular soyjak variant. It is the second-oldest soyjak, releasing just a couple months after the original, as well as the first soyjak to be traced from a real-life soyboy instead of being a Wojak derivative.
History[edit | edit source]
On March 23, 2018, /tv/ exploded with discussion and mockery pertaining to the YouTube reactor James' Youniverse (TheEricButts) and his over-the-top soyface reaction to capeshit movie trailers. The same day, somebody traced a soyjak of him and uploaded it to one of the mockery threads under the filename soy.png.
Naming[edit | edit source]
During and preceding the marketing campaign for The Lighthouse in mid-2019, the as-of-then unnamed soyjak became heavily associated with bone-chilling, character-development-driven, cheap-jumpscares-free, emotionally-draining, slow-burn "horror kino" created by A24, due to a Gigachad spammer with some kind of vendetta. The connection has stuck ever since.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Jacobson, the deformed subvariant of A24.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Citations[edit | edit source]
- ↑ The following year, James' Youniverse would become even more infamous for his egregious reaction to a "Star Wars: IX" teaser trailer.
- ↑ http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/96297170/#96299728
- ↑ http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/a24/image/F8iP35KBzmmQYubQdGSE_g/order/asc/
- ↑ https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/%22slow%20burn%22/type/op/end/2019-08-17/page/1/